Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Real Marriage Tour: Is Sex Gross, God, or Gift?

My husband and I went to the Real Marriage Tour this past weekend. We ordered the tickets and weren't really sure what we were getting ourselves into. A pastor at my former church suggested we go, so we thought...why not?


My first reaction upon arrival: Wait, what? This is a Christian conference isn't it? WHY are they talking about sex? The church I went to while I was growing up had always taught me that sex is gross. Even through we are married, I still felt like it wasn't okay. Not going to get too personal here, but happy the pastor cleared it up for me! He discussed the fact that there are three different beliefs on this topic: sex is gross, sex is God, and sex is a gift. Sex is gross is basically the thought that it's disgusting and not enjoyable. Sex is God means all you want is sex. You worship it and it's all you think about. Sex is gift is sex the way God intended it.

Okay, okay the conference didn't talk about sex the whole time. Pastor Mark talked about how it is important to date your spouse. Once your lives get busier, it's hard to find room for each other in your schedules. After the conference, we decided to have Thursday nights as date nights. We'll get a jar together with several date night ideas (so not much thinking is involved). I'll post pictures when it's done, don't worry! ;)

My husband even confessed something he'd been hiding from me since the day we met. It was probably eating away at him so much for the last 5.5 years. Happy the conference gave him the strength to spill his guts. :) My reaction probably wasn't what he expected, but I was just so thrilled he told me! It takes a lot to get something out that's been bothering you for a while. I let him know I will support him and help him if he still has problems with it. 

We ended up having a blast and grew so much as a couple!

No comments:

Post a Comment