Thursday, May 16, 2013

Update: The House & Job Searching

This week, we got paperwork we needed to sign from the mortgage company. It stated that nothing has changed and if it has, and we lie about it, we can face up to 5 years in jail for mortgage fraud.

Weeee.

So, I contacted the mortgage company and told them about our current situation. The builder called us yesterday and said we can still keep the house, this will just delay closing. I need 30 days of paystubs (at a new job) before we can close. So...

Good news: We haven't lost the house, yet. Thank God.
Bad news: We have to stay in these apartments a bit longer..

I went to the apartment office yesterday and they said our apartment was still available to extend the lease because it hasn't been rented out yet (Thank God again!). Our rent is going to be $100 more expensive, but it's still better than moving back to Kokomo, then back to Noblesville again.

------------------

K-LOVE's encouraging word for today.
Job searching has been an endless task, it seems. I've had interview after interview, followed up with numerous people and have yet to hear back from several. No offers yet, but I have a feeling one is coming soon.

I interviewed at 2 places yesterday. One felt like a really, really good fit. The company is fantastic (with great benefits). I followed up and am waiting eagerly to hear back. I sent them over some additional portfolio pieces in hopes of winning them over.

Just trying to keep the faith has been hard. Satan is attacking us at every aspect of our lives, it seems. My God is greater. Sorry, Satan - I'm not going back to how I used to be. This depression and anxiety is awful, but I'm not letting it get worse like you want it to.

No comments:

Post a Comment