Thursday, June 20, 2013

Book Recommendation, My Weight, and Job Updates

Being unemployed this summer has made me really lonely and anxious to get out of the apartment. Once our church announced new connection groups, I signed up for a morning women's book club. I was a bit anxious about joining the group, not sure if I would fit in or not. Well, after a few weeks, I honestly love it. It's also great for me to get out of the apartment and actually talk to real people!

Becoming More Than Just A
Good Bible Study Girl by
Lysa Terkeurst
The book we are studying is Becoming More Than a Good Bible Study Girl. This is the first Bible study book I can say I honestly love. I've never been able to relate to a book so well! I found it at my local Barnes & Noble, but it can be found on Amazon as well. I also suggest picking up the study guide. It brings up a lot of questions that really make you think as well as making you write out certain verses. Two thumbs up from me on this book!

Speaking of that book, it really hit the nail on the head with me this week. As several of you know, my weight has been up and down since high school. I've gained weight, lost it, and gained it again. When I first went to Weight Watchers, I wanted nothing more than to weigh 135 pounds. It would make me the happiest person in the world...so I thought. After reaching my goal weight and maintaining it for several months, I really wasn't happy. I wanted to be thinner! Being thinner would make me happy!! No. No, it won't. After the wedding, I no longer had a dress I needed to fit into. I have gained back all of the weight I lost, and then some. Honestly...this is the happiest I've been in several years with my weight. I feel healthy and, well, better.


Mia also got microchipped last weekend!
Look at both of those smiles!!!
At last, God has given me the power to love me for me. Lysa Terkeurst has a chapter in that book called "I Want What She Has". I always wanted to be like my friends in high school - so thin and beautiful. She mentions that bad things also come with the good. When I lost all of that weight, my neurocardiogenic syncope got really bad. I often felt lightheaded (almost every day) and passed out more frequently. That was the bad. I also still didn't like myself. My syncope is mostly triggered by stress and lack of food. I have to eat frequent meals to keep my blood flowing. This has slowly increased my weight over the last 9 months. However, I haven't had dizzy spells as often...and I haven't passed out since April (when I lost my job, but that's understandable).



I'm a size 12/14 and so happy. I love myself and my body. This is how God made me. No, I'm not going to stop exercising or eating fruits and veggies - I don't think I could give that up anyway! I'm just so thankful I have finally loved myself and stop looking at others for guidance and acceptance. God has told me several times lately that this is me. This is how I was made. There is absolutely nothing wrong with me! Self love is so beautiful...

Now for a job update! Exciting news...I finally got an offer this week! I have talked with all of the companies I was waiting to hear back from and I should know about those positions by the end of next week. I have it narrowed down to 3 companies. I am still waiting on an offer or rejection from 2 of them. I'm so incredibly thankful that the company who sent me an offer this week is okay with waiting to hear back from me next Friday! I'm very grateful that they are so understanding and know they want me to make the right decision for myself and my family.

So....about this time next week, I should be able to let you know what position I took and when I'll start (it's looking like sometime in mid-july for either position)! We still aren't sure where we will be living in July (emergency funds are empty and rent is due in a week and a half), but having a job in hand is very reassuring. Thank you God for your unfailing love.

No comments:

Post a Comment