Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Welcome to the Family, Bo! (& Life Update)

After picking up Oscar up at the vet last Monday, we went inside the humane society to see if his brother was still there. Bo was there alright, but not the happy kitten I remembered. He was very depressed looking and his fur was so dirty. After closely monitoring his profile on their website all week, I could not believe he still had not been adopted by Friday!

We went in on Friday, ready to add another furbaby to the family. Unfortunately, he was at the vet getting neutered...so we couldn't get him until Saturday. On Saturday, Jon was gone for a guys weekend, so I got to the humane society right when they opened to get Bo. He still seemed depressed and was very anxious the whole car ride home. Once I got him home, he ran around like a crazy cat. He was very, very scared. Oscar hissed when he first saw him, then they immediately bonded again. They've been inseparable ever since - we're so happy we kept these brothers together!

Mia still hasn't figured out how to play with kittens. She was so used to 13 pound Ying, and now she has 4 pound kittens. We have to constantly remind her to be gentle. It's going to take some time, but I think she's finally learning.

Bo seems more comfortable here (less terrified) and his fur finally feels clean! I think we have a pair of very happy kitties. They have also been eating all of their food! The first few days, they were barely eating anything, which made mommy and daddy a bit nervous.

They've been such a blessing this last week and a half. I love them both so much. I originally thought Oscar would be the cuddle bug, but Bo is starting to come out as a sweetheart. I think Oscar keeps reassuring him that he'll be okay and we're a good family.

Bo is on the left, Oscar on right
Last night, we got the call that Ying is ready to be picked up. We are going to go get him this evening. I'm still so, so sad about him leaving us. While the new babies have been a blessing, we still miss Ying. Even Mia misses Ying - they were best buddies (even though they did fight a lot). I keep hoping all of it was just a nightmare that I have yet to make up from. We are still working on what we want to do for him. On our list so far is a memory album and a shadow box with his bowtie(s), favorite toys, and pawprint).


Now for a job update - still nothing. Some of you have been asking, I did get a job offer last week from a company. I accepted the offer, and the salary they sent me was not what they had originally proposed. I rejected the offer because I just did not have good feelings about all of the shadiness that was happening. I do have an interview in Bloomington next week, though. It is for a position I really want (it's in the industry I'm aiming for). If this job doesn't work out, it's my sign from God to focus on my Master's next month and find a part-time opportunity or internship. These past three months have been so stressful, and it is definitely taking a toll on my body. I don't feel well very often. I have canker sores and migraines all of the time, and my IBS is constantly acting up.

The unemployment office has been ridiculous, but it looks as though the new claim will be starting next week. I just need to keep reminding myself - God has provided this whole time. He knows what He is doing. I'm ending this post with one of my favorite verses (that will soon be added to my Breathe tattoo).

“Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?" 
- Matthew 6:25-27

No comments:

Post a Comment