Sunday, December 15, 2013

What happened to my thankfulness every day in November?

Well. Life happened.

Classes and work got very chaotic. My dad was also told that he has prostate cancer.

Once finding out my dad had cancer, I fell apart. I would lay on the couch or in bed with no motivation to do anything. I fell behind in grading. Fell behind in homework, and my work started deteriorating. As some of you know, my mom had breast cancer about 8 years ago. She is a survivor by the grace of God. However, she went through chemotherapy and radiation. If any of you has seen someone go through that, you know how painful it is to watch. Once I found out about my dad, I started having flashbacks of when my mom went through that. Just, not a good time.

My dad has decided to do a robotic surgery in January. Not too sure if the doctor will want him to do chemo and radiation with it, but I'm assuming we will find out on Tuesday when he goes to see the doctor again.

Sorry about all of the bad news - just hasn't been an awesome year for our family. Is it 2014 yet?

I am finishing up the last of my finals today. Tomorrow, I will begin working on my "game plan" for my freelance business in 2014.  I found out my hours got cut in HALF at the university, so I either need to find another part-time job or start up my freelance work again. I'm going with the ladder and hoping for a good turn out. I truly believe God will provide. We will figure this out. We are a strong family.

No comments:

Post a Comment