Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Be bold.

"Now, Lord, consider their threats and enable your servants to speak your word with great boldness."
- Acts 4:29 (NIV)


I attend a decent sized church. My husband and I have been church hopping since we got married. Trying to find a church that suits both of our needs hasn't been as hard as I thought it would be. We've been attending this church for the last three weeks. We have both loved the sermons and the people. Next week, we will probably try another local church. We don't want to just "settle" on the first church we go to, although we really do like this one!

The church has been in a series the last few weeks called Big Church. This week's focus was on boldness.


How can we, as Christians, be bold at work, home, and in public?
Being bold about the word of God? Sounds like a silly question, but it's definitely harder than it seems. There have been multiple times when I haven't prayed in public, fearful of being judged. It never hit me. Seriously, Ashleigh? Way to be a bold Christian.

I'm so happy the pastor brought this topic up this week. I am going to focus more on being bold. Who cares what other people think? It's silly that I would almost "hide" my faith because I don't want to offend others. It's time to be bold and stand up for what I believe in. No more being worried that I'll offend someone.

The church handed out rubber bracelets to the congregation. Just a little reminder to be bold this week (and in the coming weeks). It says "BE BOLD. Acts 4:29"

No comments:

Post a Comment