Monday, March 11, 2013

Baby Step 2: Pay Off All Non-Mortgage Debt

Baby Step 1 - COMPLETE! $1,000 is in the emergency fund!

Kohl's Credit Card - HISTORY!
(Did I mention I was also a Most Valuable Customer because I spent $600 in 60 days? Yikes!)

The second step will probably take the longest for us. However, after paying out my maxed out ($600) Kohl's card in a few weeks - I know we can do this. We have a lot of non-mortgage debt to pay off, but we'll get there. Baby steps, right?

For the first time in my life, I am no longer worried about my gas lasting me until next paycheck. Since budgeting it out, I know I'll always have the gas to get to work and back (and some extra if we plan a trip to Kokomo). That's a huge sigh of relief. I always used my other credit card as a crutch for gas. I already spent my paycheck at the mall?? Hah, oh well - just charge the gas! Not anymore!!

---------------------------------

In other news, I met with the builder during lunch today. All is going well! We even have a driveway now...kind of..


No bad news at the meeting. Found out we are not in a flood hazard zone - woo! We moved around the cable and phone jack and the entrance to the attic. He said the foundation and walls can be up in about 1-2 weeks. I had no idea they moved that fast! We are still aiming at closing the end of May - so much excitement!

No comments:

Post a Comment