Thursday, March 7, 2013

Keeping Momentum: A Debt Free Lifestyle

When we signed up for FPU, I was so excited to get started. I started budgeting January 1st and have been going ever since. Watching Dave Ramsey's sessions are always inspiring (and quite entertaining).

Ever since last weekend, I've felt overwhelmed by everything. With so much debt, I feel like we'll never get out. AND we just bought a house? What the heck were we thinking??? I'm so depressed and my anxiety has been the worst it's been in a long time.

Snap out of it, Ashleigh.

That's what I've been saying to myself all week. This weekend we are going to have our $1000 emergency fund and paying off the first credit card - isn't that success enough to keep on going? No, no it isn't. Not for me anyway. I need to constantly surround myself with positive things like: bible verses, daily devotionals, success stories, Air1, and KLOVE. The success stories are really helping so far this week. Seeing people with our same income and debt...getting out of debt in 8 years? That's awesome.

One thing that really shot me down last weekend was realizing we can't take the vacations we wanted to this year (Disney World, Frankenmuth, and St. Pete Beach). Well, no one is telling us we can't (COUGH Dave COUGH), but we have goals and we are trying to accomplish them. Eyes on the prize, they always say. We are still going to the beach with my grandparents in December/January, though. We owe it to them, and I really wouldn't mind unplugging for a week.

I can hear Dave yelling at me right now, but we have cut 3 vacations down to 1. He would be proud, right?

1 comment:

  1. It’s never impossible to live a debt-free life. Yes, it might be hard, but with some sacrifices and discipline and control, anyone can be debtless. I suggest that you budget your finances well and pay your bills right on time. Also, vacation trips can wait. If you want to achieve your goal in 8 years, then be determined enough to work hard and stick to your budget. Finally: save, save, and save.

    ReplyDelete