Thursday, March 14, 2013

New Year's Resolutions - $465

How are your New Years Resolutions going?

Surprisingly, mine is still going really well - and has become a habit! Every year, I chose to get more active, eat healthier, or lose weight. This year, I decided it was time to start tithing regularly at church. Throughout the years, I honestly have given ~$100 to all of the churches I have been attending. That's not so great considering the salary I've brought in all of those years..

Today, I logged in to look at how much we have tithed so far this year - $465! That's so awesome! Do you know what's even more awesome? Seeing what the church is doing with it! This is from pastor Paul Mumaw:

  1. The student ministry is growing. We don't do any student ministry fundraisers because we're able to fund that important ministry because of givers like you. 
  2. We made our building lease payments. I'm glad we're able to meet indoors. Aren't you? While paying rent on our church buildings isn't sexy, I think we'd all agree it's a really good thing.
  3. We gave the staff paychecks. Don't we have a great team at Genesis Church? I'm blessed to work with them every day. We're grateful to be able to serve you.
And it's not even the end of March yet! I can't wait to see how much our giving will affect the church by the end of the year. Giving back to Him has also affected our family - we are getting a new house in a few months! This year has definitely been a blessed one.

No comments:

Post a Comment