Saturday, October 6, 2012

Putting Graduate School on Hold (For Now)

"I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you and watch over you."
- Psalm 32:8 (NIV)


This Summer/Fall has been the most stressful (and exciting) time of my life.

I graduated with my Bachelor's degree. Moved into my own apartment. I got married to my best friend after 4 years of long distance. We started living together. Went on our honeymoon. I started graduate school. I also got an amazing full time job offer (with benefits and all that jazz).



I thought I could handle it, but honestly, I'm at my breaking point.

My new job isn't stressful yet, but it's still a huge change. I've never had a full time job, so it's definitely taking a toll on me physically. After 5, I'm exhausted and ready to come home in sleep. Twice a week, I have classes from 6-8:40 after work (plus an hour drive home). The other three nights I'm home, I don't want to do anything. Just sleep. I'm so behind on my classes. I'm already failing one (with a C+)...

I haven't really spent any time with my husband. When I get home from work, I'm exhausted. The stress of school has also made me distant.

I backed out of student teaching a few weeks ago in hopes that it would help. It's helped a little, but not enough. So, I've made the decision to take the Spring semester off.

I'll start back up in the Summer of 2013. I just need some time to focus on my family and getting my life organized again. It's been chaos since this Summer started..

No comments:

Post a Comment