Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Touchscreen Soda Fountains

As some of you know, I'm a web designer & developer in real life. Hence, don't be surprised if you see any techy geeking out posts on here from time to time.

Have you seen these new touchscreen soda fountains? I've seen them popping up at Burger King and just recently at a Noodles & Co.

Last week, I went to get my lunch and they had one of these at the restaurant. I immediately went up and got my drink with no issue. After I got my drink, I stood there and watched a few other people use it. There were two older ladies behind me, one in her 50s and another in her 60s or 70s. They hesitated for a second, but immediately knew what to do.

My guess is, they have had experience with a touch screen before. They didn't stand there for too long to figure it out. They realized the ice came by pushing it on the lever. Next, you had to decide your drink, then push the button to get it.

My complaint? I wish they had more than one at the restaurants. With traditional fountains, you can have two or three people getting their beverages at once.

I was so excited to see these. This is the kind of thing you always see in Japan. They are always so cutting edge. It always seems like Asia is always the first to try out the newest technology. Don't even get me started on the subway grocery stores in South Korea...

No comments:

Post a Comment