Thursday, December 6, 2012

Community Involvement [2013 Edition]

How do you want to get involved in your community this year?


The first thing on my list is to get involved with the church. A few weeks ago, my husband and I attended an information session on spiritual gifts & how to use them. My spiritual gifts are: administration, faith, and mercy. I don't tithe on a regular basis (which is something I also need to change in 2013), so I figured it's time to start serving the church. I feel God has been pushing me to get involved at Genesis ever since I started going there back in September. While on the Facebook page, I noticed they were looking for someone to help in the office. I was uncertain I would be able to help because I work an 8-5 job. She assured me that it will be no issue and I can easily do the work at home or after 5pm! I will be meeting with her in January to discuss what all they need help with.


I also want to volunteer elsewhere, I'm just not sure where God is leading my heart this time. I thought about going to serve at the rescue mission, but it seems like God doesn't want me to go there. I've always wanted to go on a mission trip somewhere, but budget-wise, it isn't possible right now. Trying to be patient is always hard, but I'm learning it's what I need to do. Just be patient. Let go and let God.

No comments:

Post a Comment