Thursday, December 27, 2012

A Materialistic Christmas

Since when did Christmas become so materialistic? Seriously.

I deleted my Facebook on Christmas Day because I was so sick of it. I also have tried to steer clear of Twitter during the last few days. Everyone posting and bragging about everything they got. I'm sorry, but I didn't even want anything this year. I didn't expect anything. Christmas is about family. 

I was "Bah Humbug" all week and I couldn't figure out why. Materialistic people . . that's what it was.

It seems like the last few years, it's been getting worse and worse for me. This year, I didn't even get to enjoy Christmas because I let everyone else bother me. Deleting Facebook helped, but I should have done it much, much sooner.

However, I'm so thankful for everything. Santa was way too good to Jon and I this year. My grandparents (despite my grandma having a stroke earlier this year) are still in good health at 80-something years old. The rest of the family stayed healthy, too. Jon's side also stayed in good health this year.



I feel like such a Scrooge this year. I'm sure this materialism has been around for years, but this year it really bothered me. Is it New Years yet? I've been trying to keep my mind off of everything by working on our financial binder and meal planning binder (posts will follow once they're done).

Does anyone else feel the same way?

2 comments:

  1. I feel like that too at times. I don't let other people's way of celebrating bother me though. Sometimes it is the only time when people remember to show people that they are thinking about them and they care about them, so I understand why so many people buy a more expensive gift. Don't let others bring you down ever, ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. I think most years, I just ignored it . . but this year it really ate at me. If anything, it pushed me more to give back to the community in 2013.

    ReplyDelete