Wednesday, December 5, 2012

My Hero

God's always there when I need Him most - and today, I really felt his presence with me.

Today, on the way to work, I heard this song come on the radio:


Before the first verse was over, I was already crying.

I truly felt God was speaking to me. I've had such a rough time loving myself lately. I feel like I'm failing as a student, mom, and wife. I haven't felt pretty at all lately either because I've been struggling with my weight since this summer.

I got myself together and went into the gas station to grab a fountain drink. I needed a little pick me up before heading into work. When I came back out to the car, this song was on the radio:


Really God? Two songs in a row? There's no way that's a coincidence. I can't even explain what it feels like to feel him speaking to you through songs. Usually I just listen to music for background noise. Today, I felt I was literally forced to listen to every single word. He was like "Alright, daughter, you obviously don't get my other signs, so listen to theses songs!!!!"

Even though I'm still struggling mentally, I was reminded today that God is walking with me every step of the way. I don't have to face the devil alone.

Don't give up.

No comments:

Post a Comment