Tuesday, February 26, 2013

No Surprise Here: I'm The Nerd

With budgeting, there are nerds and free spirits. Jon is a free spirit with a little nerd, and I'm 100% nerd. I'm honestly not surprised because working on a budget excites me and I swear I change it every paycheck - have to keep it accurate! 


We currently have an Excel spreadsheet set up with our numbers. Dave recommended doing it on paper first, but paper has always reminded me of homework. Technology is fun, so we're going the spreadsheet route. If you guys are interested in seeing what our budget looks like, don't hesitate to shoot me an email or leave me a comment. I just don't want to post that information publicly for privacy reasons. ;) We've been at it for a few months now, so we have a good idea of how much of our money should be going where.

After discussing grocery budgets with some of my friends (and looking online), I've decided our grocery budget is fine, but we need to increase our eating out money. Date night is important to us. With a new puppy and a cat to take care of, we don't have much time to ourselves anymore....I really don't want to know what it's going to be like with kids around. We used to have date nights every Thursday night, but since we got Mia . . that just doesn't happen anymore.

We are also adding more money to our vacation fund (and starting a money jar for that). We are going to Frankenmuth, MI for our anniversary in September and Florida/Disney World in December - January. We want to be able to enjoy our trips without feeling bad about spending money while we're there. Financial peace, here we come!

No comments:

Post a Comment