Thursday, February 21, 2013

Our Newest Journey: Financial Peace Univeristy

First, I'd like to apologize for being MIA for a while. I caught a nasty cold on Monday last week, and I've been suffering ever since. I even missed out on our Valentine's Day dinner we had planned for a month or so. I went to the doctor on Saturday and he finally gave me some antibiotics. Not doing much better, but hopefully they will start working soon. This has been one nasty cold season for me.

My husband and I have been wanting to take Financial Peace University for the last year or so. We wanted to wait until we could register as a couple and only pay $100 instead of $200. Our church announced a new class and we knew it was our chance to sign up!


Yes, it is possible to be debt free (with no mortgage).

The overall picture is pretty overwhelming, but I am happy we are starting this journey so early in our lives together. With $100,000 in student loan debt, plus $140,000 in mortgage debt...this class couldn't come at a better time. I'll be posting updates each week with how things are going. I already implemented the envelope system at the beginning of January, so fingers are crossed that it will be an easy transition! I even shredded my credit cards as soon as we got home from the first meeting - now to pay them off...

No comments:

Post a Comment