Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Organizing My Life: One Room At A Time

Starting with the master closet.

I've always been in love with organizing, but I start in one room and jump to the next. This means nothing ever gets finished. This year, I'm organizing our place one room at a time. I'm starting with the master closet. My husband said he didn't care if I organized his side, so I'm starting with my side . . then I'll slowly move over to his. However, when I'm finished with his side, I'm sure I'll still find clothes on the ground. ;)

My mother-in-law gave me a shoe organizer + a $40 gift card to Wal-Mart for Christmas. I used the gift card to buy 2 storage boxes (I plan on buying more in the future) and a new laundry hamper/organizer. I took the wheels off of our hamper, because we don't have wood floors . . so no need for them at the moment. I used the boxes to store sweaters. Once I get more boxes, I plan on using them to store scarves and tights/leggings.





Today I went to The Container Store during my lunch break to get some hangers to test out. I only bought one bundle because I'd like to try them out for a bit before committing to them. Nothing annoys me more than clothes falling off hangers. The cool thing about the pants/skirt hangers - they connect together to save closet space! More closet space for Ashleigh is always a good thing.


With no classes, I needed to find something to do with my time. When I have nothing to do, that lets my mind wander and I start getting depressed. I'm excited to start getting everything organized. Yesterday, my hubby and I cleaned out the closet in the study. It was FULL of unneeded boxes (I am a box hoarder). Now we have room for the Christmas tree and all of the other full storage boxes that are taking up our coat closet.

Organizing is expensive. I've realized that. However, if I just get a few things a week, I realized it doesn't hurt as much financially. I'm going to be starting the envelope system once I get my next paycheck. I'm thinking I need to get an envelope made for the organization budget.


No comments:

Post a Comment